Why Has MFSA Made This Investment?
What makes the Standards unique? They are the first to integrate the 9 Family Support Principles and the research-based, evidence-informed Strengthening Families™: A Protective Factors Framework. The Standards are a tool for:
- Promoting quality practice for families
- Developing a shared understanding of the core elements required in quality practice
- Establishing a shared language across many different kinds of programs
- Providing a structure for further professionalizing the field
- Positioning programs for funding and policy change
MFSA Standards Training Dates
The Standards Certification Training is just the beginning of the journey. It is in the implementation of the Standards that quality improves. All MFSA members who go through the Standards Certification Training are invited to participate in our Community of Practice, where we work together to support successful implementation. To learn more about MFSA’s Standards Community of Practice visit our Events and Resources Page or contact [email protected]
MFSA’s work around the National Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening and Support is guided by our Standards Committee.